Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Perfect Granola

I have been craving granola for 2 weeks! I LOVE oats and a yogurt parfait is one of my favorite foods. But all the store bought granola has things I don't like. Too much cinnamon, too many nuts, or just TOO MUCH! Not to mention preservatives and junk. So, I ventured into the kitchen and came up with this! THE PERFECT GRANOLA! What makes it perfect is it has everything I LIKE. It's simple and only has the flavors I enjoy. So when you use this recipe, add or remove ingredients to make it your own per your own tastes. It's the only way!

Make it YOUR PERFECT GRANOLA!


 You could add any other ingredients if you wanted to: Roasted quinoa, flax seed, sunflower seeds, almonds, cinnamon , etc. The choice is yours! What do you like? 

My perfect recipe consists of this:


PREP TIME:
5 mins
COOK TIME:
30 mins
TOTAL TIME:
35 mins

 Serves: 6-8


INGREDIENTS:

  • ½ cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
  • ⅓ cup organic local honey
  • ½ teaspoon organic vanilla
  • 3 cups gluten free oats or regular baking oats
  • ¾ cup unsweetened shredded Coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts. I like walnuts or cashews
  • 1/4 cup golden raisins
  • 1/4 cup dried berries
  • Dash of Himalayan pink salt
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a large bowl, combine oil, honey and vanilla and whisk together until well combined. Add oats, coconut, cashews, walnuts, raisins and cranberries. Stir to coat evenly. Add pinch of salt if desired.
  2. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour mixture and spread out evenly. 
  3. Bake at 300 degrees for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Stir every 10 minutes bake evenly.

4. Let cool and harden for about 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container. Large plastic bag works just as well. 

Sometimes I like to bake the oats without the fruit and nuts. Adding the coconut, cashews, walnuts, raisins and cranberries after baking the oats so it wont be as chewy. I like it both ways. Depends on my mood.


I can't stop eating it!


*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment