Friday, September 5, 2014

Summer Corn Salad

Summertime is salad experimenting time for me. Why stick with the usual leafy salads? Which I love by the way! But sometimes you need to whoop it up. Corn is versatile, sweet and delicious. Is there really anyone who doesn't LOVE it? It's gotten such a bad rap over the years with being GMO. Just buy NON GMO organic and enjoy it! 

When I saw a recipe for a corn salad I thought to myself, THIS IS IT! I had to revise the recipe make to my own and add some zing and tastiness! I always need the tasty! 
The final recipe is light, refreshing and delicious. 


This is SOOO YUMMY!  I LOVE CORN!!! 
Makes 5-6 servings
Ingredients;
  • 4 ears corn, husked and cleaned
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
  • 2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
  • 4 tsp olive oil
  • 3 tsp red wine vinegar
  • 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
Taste the dressing as you make it. If you like MORE zing, add more vinegar, less zing add less. Make it how YOU like it. That is key. 

Directions;

  • Place your grill on high. Grilling adds flavor. Or heat your oven to 350 degrees.
  • Wrap each cleaned ear of corn in aluminum foil. The entire cob needs be covered with just one layer so it will steam the kernels.
  • Grill or cook all wrapped ears for about five minutes per side, turning occasionally.
  • Remove the corn from the grill or oven and let it cool.
  • Stand the corn upright in a large bowl, and holding the top of the corn, use a sharp knife to cut off the kernels from top to bottom. Discard cobs. You will have about 2 1/2 cups corn kernels for the salad.
  • Add the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, feta, pink salt, and pepper to the bowl of corn. Lightly toss.
  • Serve slightly chilled.


The perfect side with grilled steak, chicken or fish. 
*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment