Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Chicken Piccata

I am a mom of a Preschooler so my weeknight meals HAVE to be quick. 30 minute healthy tasty meals are my thing. This chicken dish is one of my go to dishes. For a while I was making this twice a week! Now with many more recipes under my belt, I can spread out the love much more. But this recipes stands tall still to this day. My son calls it Lemon chicken. It's DELISH! One of my absolute favorite chicken recipes. I share my chicken breast with my son, so this really serves 3 of us. 

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients;
  • 2 chicken breast cutlets (pounded flat about 1/4 inch thick)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • Non stick spray
  • 2-4 tbs Ghee
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • 1 tsp chopped garlic
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 4 tbs fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tbs capers
  • 2 tbs grass-fed butter
  • 4 thin Lemon slices
Directions;
  • Pound chicken breast to 1/2 inch thick inside a plastic bag.
  • Season cutlets with salt and pepper.
  • Dust cutlets with flour on all sides.

  • Spray sauté pan with non stick spray and add 1 tbs of ghee and melt over medium-high heat.
  • Sauté cutlets 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
  • Remove cutlets from pan and keep warm in oven.
  • Deglaze pan with wine and add minced garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.
  • Add broth, lemon juice and capers to pan.
  • Return cutlets to pan and continue to cook about 1-2 mins each side. 
  • Transfer cutlets to warm plate.
  • To finish the sauce, add butter and  sliced lemons to pan. Once butter melts, pour sauce over cutlets.
Serve immediately.



This is SO easy and quick. I always make extra sauce and dip each bit into extra sauce. MMMM my mouth is watering. Goes perfect with a large side of roasted or steamed broccoli.  

*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL


No comments:

Post a Comment