Friday, October 10, 2014

Coconutty Sugar Body Scrub

Who doesn't LOVE soft skin? And if you are like me, with super sensitive skin, you can't use many over the counter products because of all the harsh chemicals. I don't know what I am allergic to, but sometimes when I try new products I wake up completely swollen. Eyes shut and all. So, I stick to what I DO know! My Derm Exclusive facial products and then my DIY products. Like this!  

This body scrub is so yummy! Not to mention EASY! I have never felt softer. It's only 2 organic ingredients. 3 if you want to make it even yummier with some essential oils. You probably have everything in your pantry already if you're like me.

No harsh chemicals, no extra cost, no calories, ALL organic! And it's truly amazing! 
You can try this with brown sugar instead of white sugar, you can add a tsp of essential oils if you like. There are many options to experiment with. I use this as body scrub in the shower, and as a hand and foot scrub at night. An anytime scrub really. You just might become addicted as well. 

Coconut oil has so many moisturizing benefits for your skin. I could write and entire post just about Coconut oil! Maybe next time. This is a course scrub and you don't want to chance clogging your pours on your face with too much oil, so only use this on your body. It's heavenly. 

  • 1 Pint Jar
Ingredients:

  • 1 1/3 cups Organic white sugar
  • 2/3 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil melted
Optional:

  • About 20 drops Essential Oil of choice. Vanilla, Lemon, Eucalyptus, peppermint.
If you want to make a lip scrub, add 2 tbsp of honey and use Bakers Sugar.



This also makes for a wonderful gift! Christmas is around the corner you know! Buy some pretty jars and doilies from Container Store or Cost Plus, add a creative tag and bow. And WALLA!  A very inexpensive, thoughtful gift everyone can use! Even kids in the bathtub! They can play with the texture and it wont hurt them if they accidentally get it in their mouth. It actually tastes yummy. If I didn't make my own I would LOVE a gift like this. 
Need I say more? Best scrub I've used.

*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment