Tuesday, October 21, 2014

GIANT Honey Oatmeal Cookies

OH MY! 
There is nothing like a fabulous Oatmeal cookie! Honestly I could eat them for breakfast I love them so much. I am VERY picky with my oatmeal cookies. I do not like cinnamon, nutmeg, raisin or extra stuff in my cookie. I like a wonderful moist, soft, sweet oat cookie! And this is just that! It's SOOO GOOD! This version has half the sugar. Replacing sugar with local honey makes the cookie Softer than usual. The honey acts like a sponge and absorbs moisture from the air which makes this cookie ridiculous!!

This recipe is sweet, buttery, soft and the best in my opinion. Well, it gives my friends infamous Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies that I am in love with a run for their money! She still wont give me the recipe even though I had to have them at my wedding!! (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! Your name begins with an A and ends with UDRE!!!) ONE DAY!!!

Sorry, I digress...... Beside those ^^ cookies, these are the best oatmeal cookies. With a slightly healthier recipe replacing sugar with honey, they really ARE THE BEST. 
Everyone will love these. I promise.


Recipe:
Yields 1 1/2 Dozen Cookies

Ingredients: Always use organic when possible



  • 1 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 3/4 cup unsalted grass-fed butter-Softened. (Kerrygold is my favorite)
  • 2/3 cup organic local honey
  • 3 egg whites
  • 4 cups of old fashion oats
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Directions:
 Heat over to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet with Ghee or Grass-fed butter. In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter, honey and egg whites with an electric mixer on medium.
Then stir in remaining ingredients.
Make each cookie about 4 tsp large. Space about 3 inches apart on cookie sheet. 
Bake for 13-14 minutes. When edges are light brown, the inside will be nice and soft.
Cool 5 minutes and place on wire rack.



*1 cookie is about 250 calories.

*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL





No comments:

Post a Comment