Monday, October 13, 2014

Amazing Garlic Hummus

Honestly, why would you buy this when making it yourself takes about 5 minutes and tastes 100% better than ANY store bought brand? Really! 
Like I always say.... Make YOUR OWN!
Use this recipe as a guide and add or omit to YOUR taste. I LOVE THIS basic recipe! My 5 yr old LOVES this! YOU WILL LOVE THIS!

Ingredients:
  • 1-15 oz can organic Garbanzo beans
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan salt 
  • Dash of paprika
  • 2 tbs or more lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 1 1/2 tbs olive oil 
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
Directions:
Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until you have the consistency you desire. I like it around 4-5 minutes.
You can make this extra creamy by adding a tiny more tahini, lemon and or oil. I make it less garlicky by omitting garlic all together or using half the amount I gave in recipe above. It's ALL up to you! Roast a red bell pepper, add it! Roast the garlic instead of raw garlic! OMG SO GOOD roasted!! Add different spices like lemon pepper and some fresh chunky Feta Cheese with sun dried tomatoes on top. I'll have to post that recipe next! It's whatever you like. This is the simplest recipe. This is the base. Try this first then make it your own! 
Fresh is best! 

Once you have made the batch AND had your fresh share, place 2 TBS in individual containers and place in the fridge as servings to go! You are ready to go for snacks the entire week! All in 5 minutes!
Let me know how you like it!
*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment