Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Roasted Garbanzo Beans

Healthy snacking at its finest! I was a little wary about this snack when my friend started talking about it. But after seeing how much she loved them, I had to give it a try on my own. I found a yummy starter recipe on Eatingwell.com and revised it to my liking.
L O V E    A T   1 S T   B I T E
These are crunchy pieces full of flavor. 
I happen to add a lot of salt to make them even more cravable. MMMMM
All of a sudden I am seeing these sold at grocery stores everywhere. So with all the hype why not make your own? Healthier, cleaner, cheaper and you can make them the flavor YOU prefer. All in 30 minutes. 
Makes: 4 servings, 1/4 cup each

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 15-ounce can Organic Garbanzo Beans, rinsed
  • 1 tbs Ghee, melted Or extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp ground allspice
  • 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
DIRECTIONS:
  • Preheat to 450°F.
  • Rinse garbanzo beans clean and blot dry. 


  • In a small bowl, add Garbanzo beans, melted Ghee, cumin, allspice and salt. Toss gently coating beans. 
  • Place beans on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven on an upper rack. Not top rack. 
  • Stir gently every 10 minutes. This will insure all beans are browned and crunchy. 
  • Bake about 25 to 30 minutes. 
  • Cool baking sheet for 5 minutes and ENJOY!
  • Cover and store at room temperature for up to 2 days.
*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL



1 comment:

  1. Interesting post, thanks for sharing information...
    To get information on garbanzo beans suppliers India visit here.

    ReplyDelete