Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Apple Cider Vinegar For Allergy Relief

Allergy relief! Who doesn’t have allergies?
I have the annoying hay fever type of allergies where my ears itch, eyes water and nose becomes runny. They are year round as I am highly sensitive to dust. And living in California, desert-city-mountain life, I can’t get away from dust. I do get some relief using nasal spray and an antihistamine but I really hate using these every day. I have even tried getting allergy shots, for 2 years straight, with no help what so ever. I know the medications are not good for me. I watch my husband take them daily as well and I cringe not knowing what we are doing to ourselves long term. I am a firm believer that taking any medication long term will has some side affects we will endure. 

So the research began. I have been reading that ACV, Apple Cider Vinegar, can help with seasonal allergies. The Internet is exploding with articles about it. So, why not try it? I started adding 1 TBS of ACV in my morning lemon and pink salt water. I already took it when I had stomach issues. I already knew it was some powerful stuff! (Why lemon water with Pink Himalayan salt?)

I didn’t take notice for the 1st month I was doing this because I just didn’t really have allergies all of a sudden. I forgot about them. I felt good. I didn’t need my meds at all. (Yeah I know that should have been the AH HAH moment!) However, we went on vacation and I stopped doing my daily ACV - lemon water routine before breakfast. Within days I was waking up with ears itching, nose running and eyes red. Making those weird noises with my throat and wiggling my ears to try to stop the itch. It’s so annoying not only to me but others around me! My eyes were blood shot and swollen and my nose was just constantly runny and getting raw from blowing it often. It really blows! (Pun intended) 
Once we returned home, I started up with my routine once again. THE DAY I started using ACV again, my ears had relief almost immediately. My allergies are not gone from using the almighty ACV, however I don’t have to use my meds every day, I am also healthier all around!
Not only am I getting allergy relief, ACV helps treat numerous ailments! Such as:

       Sinus infections
       Acne
       Flu
       Chronic fatigue
       Candida
       Acid reflux
       Sore throat
       Contact dermatitis
       Arthritis
       Gout

No matter what condition you’re treating with ACV, you will reap the benefits of its side effects. 
A huge bonus is it’s a metabolism booster! It can help break down fat and lose pounds. It also gives your skin a healthy glow. I’m down to take it for this alone!

Lets get down to the science. How does fermented Apple cider help allergies? Really?

Well, an allergic person’s body mistakenly releases histamine to fight off the intruding particles. The histamine circulating through the body signals the mucus membranes to produce all the unwanted symptoms, that go hand in hand with allergies.
Chemical and natural antihistamines, like Allegra and ACV, help prevent the production and release of histamines. This can give you the relief you need! Preventing allergy symptoms like:

       Sneezing
       Nasal congestion and runniness
       Itchy, red, swollen and/or watery eyes
       Itchy sensation of the nose, ears, lips, mouth, and/or throat
       Headache
       Nosebleed
       Cough
       Asthma

Because Apple cider vinegar contains a number of beneficial compounds including acetic and malic acid, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and more. These nutrients balance the body’s natural pH to prevent illness and to relieve such issues as allergies and other seasonal disorders. The nutrients it contains also boost the immune system. The wonderful side affects of taking ACV!

If you want to try using ACV for allergies or any other health benefits, you will want to get organic vinegar with the “mother” in it. Look for the cloudy substance in the vinegar at the bottom. You want that! The mother contains all the added nutrients. Braggs is my favorite brand. 


If you are new to ACV, try adding just a tsp in your water to start. If you can’t handle the taste, add some honey to help. You grow accustomed to the harsh taste. Once you can handle it, add a TBS in water each morning before breakfast AS WELL AS before each meal. You will really notice some benefits using it this often. 

Let me know if you find relief in using this wonderful ingredient like I have.

*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL


1 comment:

  1. tasteless and inexpensive while working so well for allergies. After the withdrawal phase, you can continue using MSM crystals for their wonderful range of health benefits. Allergy Relief

    ReplyDelete