Thursday, August 14, 2014

Quinoa Salad

Quinoa Quinoa every where! It's all the rage! And it should be in my opinion! It's not only fantastic but so very versatile! You can use it hot, cold, fresh or stored in the fridge for use the next day, seasoned or plain, as a side or main dish. 
  • Its chock full of protein, in fact it is one of the most protein rich foods we can eat!
  • It contains twice as much fiber as other grains.
  • It contains Iron to keep our red blood cells healthy.
  • It contains lysine to help our tissue grow and repair
  • It contains magnesium which promotes healthy blood sugar levels, detoxification, energy production and promotes healthy bones and teeth.
  • It is gluten free.

Its good stuff!
I mean, come on! For one simple grain this is amazing. Okay maybe I'm going over board but I LOVE this stuff. I could eat it daily truly. There is so much you can do with it.



One of my absolute favorite recipes using Quinoa is this wonderful salad. My husband and I can't get enough of it. 


LOVE LOVE LOVE!



Serves 1:
Cook Quinoa in organic chicken broth to enhance yumminess!

Ingredients;

  • 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa cooled
  • 1/4 cup raw spinach chopped
  • 1/2 of chicken breast Diced
  • 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes diced
  • 1/4 cucumber diced
  • 1 or 2 Tbs red onion
  • 5-6 diced Kalamata olives
  • 1.5 tbs of Newmans Own Light Italian Salad Dressing or Creamy Garlic Dressing
  • A squirt of fresh lemon juice
Directions; In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
Adding some Feta Cheese crumbles makes this EVEN BETTER! 

*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment