Monday, August 24, 2015

Oatmeal Banana Peanut Butter Cookies

Who doesn't LOVE cookies? 
Who doesn't love feeling guiltless when eating cookies? I needed to Mokshafy a recipe to keep me on track and to let my son eat cookies without all the sugar. We both have a major sweet tooth. It can put us in a sugary situation.

This recipe did just that. I won't feel bad sneaking one of these into his lunches for school, or eating one in the middle of the day. Healthy Cookies! For real!

INGREDIENTS
3 bananas, ripe
1⁄3cup Coconut oil
2.25 cups quick cooking oats
1⁄2cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tbs Honey
3 Heaping Tbs of peanut butter

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork until no longer lumpy. If bananas aren't very ripe, a hand mixer may be used. Stir in oil, oats, chocolate chips, peanut butter and vanilla.
Lightly grease a cookie sheet or use a silpat.
For each cookie, spoon about 2 tablespoons of cookie mixture (or I like to use an ice cream scooper) onto the cookie sheet. 
Bake for 16-20 minutes.
**IF batter seems a little dry, add dashes of milk to moisten.
You can omit the chocolate chips to make them even healthier and add cinnamon, raisins or chopped pecans! Omitting the peanut butter all together is also a delish version! I just happen to have a love affair with peanut butter.
Enjoy and stay healthy my friends!
*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment