Thursday, August 4, 2016

Foil Baked Halibut

If you are like me, you may not be the biggest fan of fish. I want to love it, I really do. I keep trying! And then I keep not liking it as I had hoped for. Well, this recipe changed my mind! I think it could for you too!

I have been wanting to incorporate more wild caught fish into our lives. You know, best way to get more of those healthy omega-3 fatty acids. And for some variety in our diet. I'll never get on Master Chef not knowing how to cook fish!  

My son has a fascination with seafood and requests it constantly. So, I decided to make a foil wrapped fish for a few reasons. 

1. I don't know how to cook fish! At all.
2. No mess! You stick everything in parchment and foil and literally no clean up!
3. No fishy smells in the house from cooking it.

What a delicious surprise this was! I loved it! My son ate all of his, part of mine and part of his dads! And, my husband loved it. This recipe is now on my monthly list! So easy to vary up as well!

If you make this, please let me know how you liked it in the comments!


Dinner for 2 (Or 3 if you have a little one too.)
Ingredients:

  • 2 healthy servings of fresh wild caught Halibut (no skin)
  • 2 red potatoes thinly sliced
  • 12 asparagus spears 
  • 2 garlic cloves diced
  • 4 TBS of grass-fed butter
  • Pink Himalayan salt to taste
  • Pepper to taste
  • 1/4 tsp dried Parsley


Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degree.
  • Place 2 large sheets of foil or parchment on flat baking pan.
  • In a small pan, melt butter, garlic cloves and salt
  • Layer potatoes in the middle of foil
  • Layer asparagus on top of potatoes

  • Spoon half of butter over vegetables
  • Season with salt and pepper
  • Layer Halibut onto of seasoned veggies
  • Spoon remaining butter onto of fish
  • Add pepper and parsley to fish
  • Wrap all sides of foil around fish
  • Bake for 30 minutes or until internal temp is about 145 degrees and WALLAH.


So good you will forget to take a picture before devouring it all!
OOPS!

If you like this recipe, make sure you are on my email list.  No spam just me! ADD EMAIL

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram too!




No comments:

Post a Comment