Friday, January 23, 2015

Deviled Eggs

Deviled Eggs! They are the perfect snack! 
For me, these babies are the perfect pre and post workout food. Hard-boiled eggs in general make a quick snack if you are in a hurry. Power cook half a dozen Sunday night and you are set for the week. Or, they are great protein in your salads for lunch instead of meats. 

Eggs are the "good fats" your body needs to keep your heart healthy.  So as long as you don't fill these with g grotty mayo you are golden! Thankfully I am not a fan of mayo so this recipe works for my taste buds and my belly. 

Ingredients:
  • 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and slices in half
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • dash of Pink Himalayan salt
  • dash of garlic powder (not garlic salt)
  • dash of cracked pepper
  • sprinkles of paprika
Directions:
Remove yolks from egg whites. Place in small bowl with dijon, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mash until smooth. Place a scoop back into each egg white half. Sprinkle with Paprika per your liking.

These are quick and easy. I always have the ingredients on hand, and they add a little kick rather than having plain hard boiled eggs. Time to get my workout in!
ENJOY!

*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL.


No comments:

Post a Comment