Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sweet Potatoes

Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes to make! I enjoy roasting them best. I like them thin and with a bit of crunch.
 My favorite recipe is to roast thin fry like slices at 425 degrees in coconut or olive oil with some Pink Himalayan Salt and Cracked Pepper for about 45 minutes. Stirring gently twice. They come out NICE and soft with a crunch and brown edges! 
OMG SO GOOD!
This is by far definitely one of my favorite veg. 



Even though it’s a high carb veg I make them often. They are are extremely beneficial to your body. Clean eats! 

  • They are high in vitamin B6.
  • They are a good source of vitamin C which helps produces collagen which helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity, and is es essential o helping us cope with stress.
  • They contain Vitamin D.
  • They contain iron.
  • They are a good source of magnesium which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral. 
  • They are a source of potassium. 
  • They are low glycemic index! Meaning their natural sugars are slowly released into the bloodstream, helping to ensure a balanced and regular source of energy, without the blood sugar spikes linked to fatigue and weight gain.

And they are just sweet and tasty! 

Good stuff give them a try!

*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment