Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Being the only one...


My son has been so amazing with the obstacle of cutting out all artificial food dye from his diet. This is no easy task! It's in everything! At school, when they hand out something for special occasions like gold fish for Dr Seuss Day, or fruit loops for 100th day of school, or donuts and cupcakes for someones birthday. He will not eat them JUST incase they have the "bad food dye". At Birthday parties he will not eat cake if it is colored. He will either eat around it or I will bring something for him per his request. This is now all on his own without me reminding or stopping him. 
I think his body knows it's no good and he's much better off without it. I have to tell you, it's not easy being the ONLY kid at school or even with friends being on this diet of no artificial food dye. But he's been a CHAMP! I'm so proud of my lil 6 yr old!
Today I gave him the gold fish. They have natural food coloring and he was so happy! I am amazed by him and his ability to stick with this change even when I am not there. I can see that he is proud of himself as well. 
My strong willed kid!
- PB with coconut, banana and dried cranberries on a sourdough star (I cover this with wax paper before I close the box so it doesn't smudge everywhere)
- Blueberries
- Dye free Goldfish
- His favorite greens, Seaweed
- Banana chips

*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment