Thursday, March 10, 2016

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins

Today at my sons school, it is "Teacher appreciation breakfast" day. And being the over achiever MOM that I am, I had to make something instead of save tons of time and buy something. LOL! At least we have extra goodies for us now. YUM!

This recipe came from my friend Domenica Morello-Cresta AKA project mama. You rule mama!!! I revised it just a touch. These scrumptious muffins are perfect with some tea or coffee for breakfast, for snacking, or even a healthier desert choice. They are chock full of fiber and antioxidants, (I keep telling myself this as I eat them!) and then a lil bit of refined sugar to splurge.  

This recipe is definitely worth a share! Plus too many friends are asking for it.  
ENJOY!


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 cups oats old fashion
  • 1 cup of white flour
  •  1 & 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 oz of brown sugar
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups whole milk or whole coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 6 ounces chocolate chips 

DIRECTIONS:
Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to blend. In a separate small bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla and oil.

Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until moistened. Add the chocolate chips and blend thorough.

Fill lined muffin cups full with batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes, or until tops are light golden.
Makes approximately 16 muffins.



*Don't miss a recipe or post! Make sure you are on my email list. ADD EMAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment