Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Cucumber and Tomato Salad

Cucumber salad is one of my favorite dishes.... IN THE WORLD. For real. I could eat this daily. I do eat it at least once a week or more throughout the year. I have many different versions but this one is so nice and clean, refreshing. Pair it with a nice white wine.... Oh wait I'm not a sommelier and this blog isn't about wine... although I do love my wine too.  Hmmmmmmmm  Anyway, you wont go wrong with this yummy salad. 


Ingredients: Makes 2 servings

2 Tbsp Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
4 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 Large Cucumber, halved and sliced with  skin on preferably.
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 Tbsp Chopped Red Onion (optional)
2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil leaves
Dash of Pink Himalayan Salt per  taste (optional)
Dash of Lemon Pepper to taste (optional)
(Add some feta cheese for extra Yumminess!)



1. Combine apple cider vinegar and balsamic vinegars, lemon  juice and oil in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
2. Once you cut the cucumber, lay pieces on cutting board with a sprinkle of salt for 5 minutes. Then pat with a dry paper towel to soak the water that has been released. Then, Combine Cucumber, Red Onion, Tomatoes, Basil and seasoning in a larger bowl. Mix well.
3. Drizzle dressing over mixture; toss gently. 







No comments:

Post a Comment